"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it." - Hebrews 13:2



Friday, September 16, 2011

BLOG AWARDS! and moving blog to Mondays

First announcement - My blog is moving to Mondays! I will see you on Monday with a new post.

This week the lovely and talented Ms. Charissa Weaks presented me with the:

AWARD

Thank you, Charissa! So sweet of you to think of me.
After you finish reading this post, go check out what she has going on over at her writer’s blog: A Day In The Life Of An Aspiring Author… which is always packed with valuable information and great tips for writers. I always come away from her blog with something new.
There are rules to this award…
1.     Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2.     Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3.     Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it. Fifteen? Um…I’m going with five.
4.     Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.

First before I share seven things about me, I will pass out the Vesatile Award to five bloggers. These awesome lady authors all have unique blogs with voices of their own. I’m going to mix it up in no particular order—
1.     Gwendolyn Gage
2.     Brandi Boddie
4.     Teresa Watts
5.     Dawn Alexander
  

Okay, seven things about me. This is harder than I thought it would be.

1.     I was a track star. I’ve won running and high jumping events.
2.     I’m a Civil War re-enactor.
3.     I love fishing. Largemouth Bass, Crappie, and Blue Gill are my favorites to catch.
4.     I love hummingbirds. I have had two females and one male at my feeders all summer long. It's almost time for them to leave and head south.
5.     Green is my favorite color.
6.     I love Cheetos. I’m particularly fond of the new Honey BBQ flavor. Yep, they’ve made a BBQ flavored Cheeto.
7.     I collect recipes, antique copper Jello molds, and fancy tea cups.

Between you, me and the gatepost,
Loree

19 comments:

Jessica R. Patch said...

Congrats on your award! Woohoo! I'm impressed with your jumping ability, I could barely jump over our ditch when it rained. Those days I went to school with wet, muddy shoes! :)

Have a great weekend!

Loree Huebner said...

Jessica: I had big brothers who would chase me when I put whipped cream in their shoes, so I learned to jump the hedges in the neighborhood. haha

Thanks for stopping in!

Sandra Orchard said...

Congrats, Loree! Impressive diversity of interests, too. :D

Loree Huebner said...

Sandra: Thanks - just some fun stuff. Thanks for popping in.

Jayne said...

That's so cool--Civil War re-enactor. You must have a lot of fun doing that.

Congrats on your award! :)

Loree Huebner said...

Jayne: I love doing it. I've learned so much from doing it over the years that when I write, it all comes natural - the period clothes, mannerisms, the talk of the times...etc. It's like living research doing a living history or re-enactment. Thanks for stopping in.

Rachel Brooks said...

There are BBQ flavored Cheetos out there? I had no idea! I see a grocery store visit in my near future...LOL

Loree Huebner said...

Rachel: Oh yes! A new flavor and if you like BBQ and cheetos, it's a great combo. Apparently, it's also an acquired taste...my hubby hates them.

J.L. Campbell said...

I like hummingbirds and Cheetos too! Congrats on the awards.

Sarah Forgrave said...

What a fun list, Loree! A track star...Wow. I'd have to grow a few inches to even attempt a high jump, LOL. Congrats on your award!

Heather Sunseri said...

Love learning more about you! Congrats on the award. And have a fantastic weekend!

Loree Huebner said...

J.L.: I love my little winged jewels. I'll miss them when they leave in just a week or two. They will probably be heading your way.

Sarah: I loved to run (of course this track star thing was when I was younger) I still do...High jumping just came naturally. I won many first place awards.

Heather: Thanks! It's fun to see reactions when you give away a little piece of yourself.

J.L., Sarah, and Heather, thank you for stopping in and commenting!

V said...

Alright Loree! Congratulations on another blog award! Awesome fun facts :)

Marji Laine - Faith Driven Fiction said...

A BBQ-flavored Cheeto? I will have to seek those out!

Congratulations on your award!

Loree Huebner said...

Tori: Thanks! Love these awards. Have a great time at the conference. Sounds like you're all prepared.

Marji: Yes! Can you believe a Honey BBQ flavored Cheeto? It's good if you like the flavor. My hubby didn't like it.

Tori and Marji, thanks for popping in!

Unknown said...

Hi Loree! Thanks for the versatile blogger award! I really appreciate it! :-)

Loree Huebner said...

Gwen: You're most welcome!

Deana said...

Congrats on the award! And I think that is so cool that you are a war re-inactor. I'd love to do something like that at least once in my life:)

Loree Huebner said...

Deana: Thanks. It's a fun hobby. You meet so many interesting people who are big history buffs. It's a great time...a weekend of camping and a battle.
Thanks for stopping by!