"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by doing so some people have entertained angels without knowing it." - Hebrews 13:2



Friday, February 18, 2011

A Blog is Born

Well, I have broken the champagne bottle and launched my first blog.  It’s a scary thing putting your words out there for all to read. 
What am I afraid of?  I am a writer, am I not?
I ask that you please excuse my blog as it is still under construction.
Today, I invite any stories from veteran bloggers on their first blogging experience, or any good advice while I put this thing together.  It will take me a few days, but I hope to have it up and running full swing by the beginning of next week.  
Thanks for your patience.
Between you, me and the gate post,
Loree

5 comments:

Jill Kemerer said...

Woo-hoo!! I'm the first follower!! So glad to see you in the blogosphere, Loree!

I started blogging a little over two years ago, and I didn't know a thing! It took me six months to even add a "follow" button. But I loved blogging from the beginning.

I'm so excited for you taking this step! *clinking my glass*

patti.mallett_pp said...

Congratulations Loree!! You've taken the BIG STEP! It would be wonderful to hear from you about how it's going, you know, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Blogging is definitely in my future and it'll be fun to watch someone starting out from scratch. I have wondered if people wait until they have some Blog entries lined up, or do you all just kind of jump in, Ker-splash, and start treading water as fast as you can? What is your approach as you begin? Please, have fun with it. It was great and encouraging to hear from Jill and how it went with her. (She's already been encouraging me so I can see she's a great friend to have in your corner. It was her Tweet that brought me over here!) Best of luck on this new adventure!!

patti.mallett_pp said...

Hey, Loree, Could you, please, tell me how to load a Photo into this site? (I learn slowly, step by step, and it's getting easier but not easy.) I know other places have this same orange + white "thingy" that is where the photo would go, but I don't know what it is.
Thanks so much! Patti

Loree Huebner said...

Jill: A huge thank you is in order! As soon as I read your blog today, I knew it was time. Right after I commented on your post today, I created my blog. Thank you, thank you, for your ever-present encouragement and faithful support to writers.

Patti: Welcome to my blog, and thank you for the well wishes! I have been writing entries for a while now, but it is a big ker-splash! I think I did a cannonball! I didn't intend to start the blog today. I got the courage after reading Jill's post. I'm just so excited to finally be out here. For me, it's one step at a time. Thank you again for your support.

Loree Huebner said...

Looking forward to Tuesday.